The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tegarst

Good morning, I stumbled across this forum while researching my retirement plans. It is my hope to find a 40ish foot boat to travel the great loop and retire in. All of my family lives along the great loop or nearby so it seems like a good fit. Also a retired Marine who worked on helicopters for 20 years, having an older boat that will need some tlc will help keep my hands busy, when I'm not fishing.

Currently my plans are to retire in 2 years, find a boat, make it safe and habitable and then begin cruising the loop while continuing to upgrade it inside and out.

Sounds like a wonderful plan. We did something similar. My husband and I bought a boat Jan 2021 and starting living on her full time in Sept. We are currently in the process of outfitting her the way we want and plan on doing some cruising in the Pacific NW, San Juans, maybe Alaska before taking her down the coast to the gulf of California for awhile. Good luck on reaching the dreams.. we love it.

Welcome, you found the best place for help and to learn about trawlers.

John T

Welcome aboard TF
Poke around and take a look at how to use the forum and start asking questions or discussing what's on your mind.

Welcome!
As you start to nail down your preferences, we'll spend your money.

Welcome, I just found this forum as well with the identical plan to do the loop in a couple years. Never thought about a trawler but they are starting to grow on me. We have looked at a couple Carvers and a Navigator but have never stepped onto a trawler. Def gonna put one on my list to visit. Good luck!!

Welcome to the new members. My initial advice, if you don't already know, good used boats are hard to come by in the current market. Even in a more normal market it can take a long time to find the right boat for you. So if your horizon is a year or two out, it would be good to start shopping now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom