Onan parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustCruisin

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Friar Tuck
Vessel Make
1987 Monk 36
Can anyone recommend a good place to get Onan parts? I have a MDKD 8kw I need a couple parts for. Cummins website seems very expensive. Just maintenance parts mostly. Thanks...

Try Ebay. I bought a fuel solenoid for an MDKD for $65 Au (as a spare). Paid $300 for the genuine one bought from Cummins. Both made in China.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it!

I have the same genset that you have and found that https://www.smallenginesprodealer.com typically had the best prices. Sp,e parts were slow to arrive, but I think that would have been the case no matter where you buy from.

I got a Chinese made water pump and thermostat kit from ebay for a Kubota.

I got a a DB electric starter and alternator

If you are refurbishing the genset like I just did (new hoses, belt, water pumps, engine mounts, starter, alternator etc.) consider a blacking plate for the raw water pump on the engine and add a 120VAC water pump between the engine and the strainer instead. It's MUCH easier that trying to service the OEM pump, which is in a horrible spot. Have it run directly off the genset AC output (through a circuit breaker) so it is always on when the genset is running.

wanted to add, if you decide to replace glow plugs the Cummins price is absurdly high at around 50 bucks each. You can get the same part at Napa for 7 bucks. Just look for parts for a Kubota D950 engine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom