Paris going into lockdown.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy is in trouble again too. Looks like "another" wave, I`m losing count.

Add to that the chaotic Astra Zenica claims: good/bad/not for >65yo/not for < 55/and the whole thing looks political(not Party political) vaccine grabbing misinformation.

Greetings,
Mr. BK. It's not so much that things are getting more serious in some areas but that authorities seem to be acting proactively and putting restrictions in place in spite of naysayers or protests. I expect it will fall to LEO's to enforce said restrictions. A hard job just got harder.

We just got appointments for the AZ shot at the end of the month (we're in the 70 +/- age category) BUT that's 10 days away and given the state of flux with mutations, variants and vaccines, who knows WHAT will happen.

The memsaab also registered as a health care professional so things may happen sooner depending on government preference as to who to innoculate next.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. BK. It's not so much that things are getting more serious in some areas but that authorities seem to be acting proactively and putting restrictions in place in spite of naysayers or protests. I expect it will fall to LEO's to enforce said restrictions. A hard job just got harder.

We just got appointments for the AZ shot at the end of the month (we're in the 70 +/- age category) BUT that's 10 days away and given the state of flux with mutations, variants and vaccines, who knows WHAT will happen.

The memsaab also registered as a health care professional so things may happen sooner depending on government preference as to who to innoculate next.
Let`s hope you get yours soon. Vaccine rollout started here, but not keeping pace with optimistic Govt claims. Unless awful side effects arise, any vax is better than none.
We`ve had multiple lockdowns here,no fun. Even a 4 months hard lockdown in "Plague State" Victoria. Would Paris do it unless really necessary? I tend to doubt it.

In Washington we have virtually everyone 65 and up done. In the next 15 days we should have all critical workers done. Starting April 1 we will be doing everyone 50 and older. Starting May 1st we will start on all remaining persons. We have one inoculation sight capable of doing 20,000 injections a day.

The first hurdle was vaccine manufacturing, however we seem to have over come that and the last numbers I saw were 2.9 million doses a day. The second hurdle has been distribution but a lot of good planning was being done waiting for the manufacturing to ramp up. Still it will be July before we can say we have inoculated everyone who wants to be inoculated.

Now I can’t speak for other states.

The second hurdle has been distribution but a lot of good planning was being done waiting for the manufacturing to ramp up. Still it will be July before we can say we have inoculated everyone who wants to be inoculated. Now I can’t speak for other states.

A family friend and Army officer knows General Perna, the CEO of the distribution of US vaccine. The General was in charge of all Army logistics and tapped about a year ago to head up Operation Warp Speed. Our friend says Perna is a genius at moving stuff with a great staff to make things happen.

As you mention TR, it has been a vaccine waiting game. We've relatives in the jabbing business who'd until recently been ready and waiting for vaccine. With Pfizer, Moderna, J&J and AStraZeneca now ramping up production, the in place vaccine locations in Arizona are mimicking Washinton State and quickly jabbing away.

One thing the General did was focus early on each vaccines' storage requirements so that each State could properly receive and refrigerate the airfreight. In Arizona there is now focus on preparing for the booster by later this year or whenever required.

It would seem the UK is also doing well jab wise. Kudos to Boris.

Last edited:
Vaccinations seem to be going well here in Florida. Tomorrow the age limit drops to fifty.

My son and daughter-in-law live in Everett, WA. He is 35, she is 32yo. Both were vaccinated a few days ago.
In Washington we have virtually everyone 65 and up done. In the next 15 days we should have all critical workers done. Starting April 1 we will be doing everyone 50 and older. Starting May 1st we will start on all remaining persons. We have one inoculation sight capable of doing 20,000 injections a day.

The first hurdle was vaccine manufacturing, however we seem to have over come that and the last numbers I saw were 2.9 million doses a day. The second hurdle has been distribution but a lot of good planning was being done waiting for the manufacturing to ramp up. Still it will be July before we can say we have inoculated everyone who wants to be inoculated.

Now I can’t speak for other states.

My son and daughter-in-law live in Everett, WA. He is 35, she is 32yo. Both were vaccinated a few days ago.

Not sure how they swung that one, but good for them.
Took me 3 weeks in the same area to get some ageing family members a spot in line.

Any talk on when/if any of these will be FDA approved?

Not sure how they swung that one, but good for them.
Took me 3 weeks in the same area to get some ageing family members a spot in line.

Any talk on when/if any of these will be FDA approved?

First responder, in the medical field, teacher, child care worker, grocery worker, public transportation, veteran, or medical priority.

Lots of ways to get bumped up the list in Washington.

Not to mention any one can standby for end of day shots that would otherwise go to waste.

Yup, my son is in the Navy and his wife is medically challenged. As for the military, at present, vaccination is not required because the vaccines have not received final approval. There are still "experimental". When final approval is received, all military will get the vaccine, no choice. In Seattle, the Navy is not approving leave outside the Seatlle area because of a two-week quarantine that would be required. No way is the Navy going to approve a two-week for a sailor that turns into two extra free weeks for a quarantine. Needless to say, many sailors are choosing the vaccine now.
First responder, in the medical field, teacher, child care worker, grocery worker, public transportation, veteran, or medical priority.

Lots of ways to get bumped up the list in Washington.

Not to mention any one can standby for end of day shots that would otherwise go to waste.

Arizona just announced all people over 16 are eligible for vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom