Praise for Dickinson parts service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Mischief Managed II
Vessel Make
1992 Tollycraft 44 CPMY
My Dickinson Mediterranean range was having a few issues (one of the igniters had stopped working and all three stove top burners took awhile to latch on) after 6 years of heavy use. I bought three new thermocouples for the burners, a new thermocouple for the oven, and a new igniter, directly from Dickinson. Prices were reasonable. Shipping was a little steep at $19, but it's probably less than I'd pay to ship the same box from a UPS store so, no big deal.

I knew that replacing these parts was not going to be terribly challenging, and I was fully prepared to learn how to do it by doing it, but I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that each of the parts I bough came with excellent, multi-page instructions that were well-written and loaded with detailed photos. The instructions were also custom for each part. For instance, the large burner thermocouple replacement instructions were different than the small burner thermocouple instructions.

I know that replacing these parts is not terribly challenging, and I was fully prepared to learn how to do it by doing it, but I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that each of the parts I bought came with excellent, multi-page instructions that were well-written and loaded with detailed and useful photos. The instructions were also custom for each part. For instance, the large burner thermocouple replacement instructions were different than the small burner thermocouple instructions even though the work is almost exactly the same. There was no guess work involved and they even specified the size of the wrenches and sockets needed for each step.

I wish more companies would provide this level of support

Back
Top Bottom