Propane tank connection hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hewsheat

Vessel Name
MV Marissa Michelle
Vessel Make
2007 Mainship 400
Hello all well I thought replacing the old tank to regulator hose would be a simple stop at Home Depot not so. I can't find the size I need everything is 1/4 inch i believe mine to be 3/8 with an inverted flair end I have looked and cannot find a source I found on place who has the regulator with the hose for like $92 any advice?

Thanks Len

i always have mine made up at a local industrial hose supplier. They use proper LPG rated hose and have whatever ends are needed. Just find your local shop, take them the old hose and you'll have a new one in about ten minutes. Not at "marine" price either.

Look for a company that sells and services propane appliances. Go talk to them. Take your stuff with you.

Well guy's thanks for the advice I have an industrial hose supply down the street went there this afternoon they don't do gas hose they are all hydraulic hoses but he had a fitting for the one I bought at home depot for $5 I am all set
Again Thanks For The Help

Len

Hello all well I thought replacing the old tank to regulator hose would be a simple stop at Home Depot not so. I can't find the size I need everything is 1/4 inch i believe mine to be 3/8 with an inverted flair end I have looked and cannot find a source I found on place who has the regulator with the hose for like $92 any advice?

Thanks Len

Len,
I have a great article written by a marine surveyor that addresses this exact issue. PM with email and I'll send it. Read before buying that hose.

Also would you mind taking a few pictures of your tank locker and any safety devises, switches, sensor and the like? I'm thinking of converting my electric stove to gas.
After reading the article I want to make sure I do it correctly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom