psneeld...should I strangle him or hug him?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boomerang

Guru
Vessel Name
Wandering Star
Vessel Make
Hatteras 42 LRC
As some might know, we bought psneeld's Albin 40 a few years back. The more we used it and the more I dug into it, the more we appreciated it. We bought the boat and kept it in Florida for a few months until we had time to bring it home. Naturally, as the new owner, I wanted to make it "ours" by upgrading & improving the systems/bells & whistles. I soon learned that, if it's there ,Scott had a reason for it. Liz and I literally thanked Scott out loud ,even though he was a thousand miles away, for whatever gadget, placement or modification that he had done to the boat that was making our cruising more enjoyable.
Which brings me to the point of this post. We figured out we like cruising after testing the waters with our Mainship then the Albin. We're going to be doing a lot more cruising in the near future so we decided to take our boat up a notch and bought a Hatteras 42LRC. Coming from a Mainship and an Albin trawler (NOTHING wrong with either, for their price points and purpose) to a Hatteras and the difference is instantly recognizable. Bulkheads that are inches thick, marine grade plywood, hardware and tooling/craftsmanship that's first class, electrical systems that are over engineered and were ahead of their time...nothing to not like about an old Hatteras but...here I am spending every spare minute of my time making improvements and modifications to mirror what Scott did on his Albin. You would think I'd be happy with a boat that's been cruised between Canada and Venezuela and it wouldn't need much. But no...
I previously owned a marine business and prided myself of making my customers happy by sometimes coming up with creative ideas to make a boat more user friendly. Scotts boat was everything that I would've done and sometimes he thought outside of the box and used a technique I wouldn't have thought of. So here I am, with a departure date to head South looming closer and closer and I'm spending all of my time trying to make our new-to-us boat as comfortable as our last one.
Agree or disagree with him on TF, the Coastie does know boats.
If anybody bumps into him before I do, shake his hand and thank him for me. Or punch him in the nose for causing me to obsess over the systems on our current boat.

Last edited:
Sounds good. He is indeed very knowledgeable. What engines are in the Hatt?

Personally, I would strangle him. But then I know him and have spent too many days swapping stories with him :oldman: . Somewhere I have a picture of him docking his RV in Vero Beach. But that's a story for another thread.

Ted

The LRC is pretty sweet. The more I use it the more I like it but then again, I have sunk $35k so far in parts for it. Why wouldn't I like it better. The one thing that I don't have is a single wiring diagram for my boat.
I seldom disagree with Scott. He has a different way of looking at things.

Back
Top Bottom