Raritan Smart Toilet Control w/Multifunction Panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jc180

Vessel Name
Salty Dog & Last Dragon
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 47 Sailmaster & Mainship 34 MK 1
If you have this particular Control Panel (Raritan Smart Control - not the wireless one) have you had any problems or failures with it?

Last edited:
Had the raritan elegance. Loved the control panel and never had any issues with it.

Going on 6 years with Raritan Elegance with smart control, zero problems with toilet or control panel.

What toilet are you thinking of adding the Smart Flush panel to?

--Peggie

Have had two of them for about a year. Love them and no problems so far. You do know they are programmable ie length of flush......

Had them in 2 boats now, no problems. Love the head.

Peggy - planning to use the Raritan Sea Era QC because it has a smaller footprint. Would love to have the Elegance, just a little too big for ur space.

You might also consider going with Raritan's "Momentary Control" which offers 3 flush options: add water ahead of flush, dry flush and combined flush. It's not quite as pricy as the "Smart Flush" but because you don't program it, you just use the rocker switch to choose your option, it has the advantage of letting YOU control the length of time--and therefore the amount of water in and out--for each flush.

I don't have the promo sheet for it, but I do have the "Installation and Maintenance Instructions (aka "owners manual") which should be even more useful. Raritan Momentary Control owners-manual

Defender has it Raritan Momentary Control at Defender

--Peggie

Last edited:
2 years full time living aboard. No problems.
(I hope I didn't just jinx that! :rolleyes:)

We have had two Marine Elegance heads for four years, full-time live aboards with nary a problem, zero maintenance. One of the best products of any kind ever owned. Anyway, we (I) chose the manual momentary switch. Simple, wholly controllable by the user, less expensive, and likely to never fail. The way I see it, if the user pays attention, using the momentary switch will pretty much mimic anything the smart switch does. Of course, mine is just another opinion but the only plus I see is the user gets to press a button and walk away while I must hold the momentary switch for several seconds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom