Replacement Depth Gauge for Navman R100?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serene

Vessel Name
Serene
Vessel Make
Blue Seas 36
In my ‘new to me’ boat I have two separate depth transducers. One is connected to a Raymarine CP370 and into a Raymarine E80 display. The second transducer connects to a Navman Depth display which also has a Navman R100 repeater display at the flybidge. Both of these screens are the typical 112mm x 112mm (4.4” x 4.4”) square digital number readouts.

The Navman setup is used overnight when I power down the Raymarine gear so I can see the water depth at a glance.

The R100 display at the flybridge has a broken screen and I want to replace it but they aren’t made any longer. This display only has three wires connected, positive and negative 12V plus a single NMEA 0183 wire connector.

I am hoping to find a single screen display of the same dimensions that uses NMEA 0183 so I can simply replace the existing screen with minimal effort.

But it seems new depth gauges all have newer functionality, either NMEA 2000 or some other proprietary connection.

Any tips on the easiest way to replace this depth display at the flybdridge?

Here is a pic of the broken unit at the flybridge. It is the square gauge just above the Raymarine autopilot control.

Attachments

• 3_4.jpg
    3_4.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 30
And the downstairs unit can be seen to the right of the Raymarine VHF radio in the overhead box.

Attachments

• 33_4.jpg
    33_4.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 25
I had a problem with a Navman display and replaced it with one from Plastimo. It accepted the same inputs as the Navman. This, however, is gear that Noah had on the ark.

I had a problem with a Navman display and replaced it with one from Plastimo. It accepted the same inputs as the Navman. This, however, is gear that Noah had on the ark.

Yeah it is pretty old school but am hoping for a drop-in replacement with minimal fuss and all I need is a digital depth readout, so don't need the bells and whistles.

CruzPro makes a number of NMEA 0183 repeaters. Here's one that may work. http://www.cruzpro.com/rp60.html They make others but their website can be difficult to find what you need. Maybe contact a dealer. Here's one from a dealer. https://www.emarineinc.com/CruzPro-D60-Digital-Depth-Gauge.

If you've not done NMEA 0183 before it's not too difficult. Usually the only way you can damage the components is to hook power to data connections. Lots of good resources to help if you run into trouble.

NMEA 0183 is old skool but it works fine for what you want to do.

Good lead on the CruzPro. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom