Rudder for a Trinka 10' dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CampK79

Hi All,
We are just about to close on our new to us GB42 Classic. The dinghy that is coming with the boat is a Trinka 10. We have all the rigging except for the rudder/tiller. Does anyone know where to find specs to possibly build our own, or a place that may sell replacements that would work? Thanks in advance!

Find a boat very close to the same size and take some measurements. If you get it too big response will be great. Too small and it won’t control the boat.
You can get pintles and all the other hardware for mounting at marine stores in bigger cities.

I have a Gig Harbor Defiiant. They have been making a high end line of small sailboats for decades. In Tacoma Wa. They probably would give you some measurements and they may be familiar w your boat. Good luck

I should add we do have members w the Trinka.

Hi All,
We are just about to close on our new to us GB42 Classic. The dinghy that is coming with the boat is a Trinka 10. We have all the rigging except for the rudder/tiller. Does anyone know where to find specs to possibly build our own, or a place that may sell replacements that would work? Thanks in advance!

I have one for my Trinka 10 dinghy. Not interested in parting with it, but if you want to fabricate one, I could give you specs and pictures. Only problem is that I won't be home (where it is) till late November.

Ted

Have a Trinka 10 as well. Photo of tiller and rudder attached. Tiller 26” long. Rudder 40.5” long x 9” at widest point. It has a kick up feature as you can see. If I were to fabricate one, would just do a solid piece and forego the kick up. Don’t think the shape critical. But would try to get a tapered trailing edge. Good luck!

Attachments

• 92760850-2EB2-4A2E-A1CB-6D8A7440345A.jpg
    92760850-2EB2-4A2E-A1CB-6D8A7440345A.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I know Mark used Perko pintles and gudgeons on his early boats but Perko seems to have discontinued them. Are the gudgeons bronze or stainless? The Perko ones were bronze.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom