State Farm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RLKramer

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Winterlude
Vessel Make
2005 Hampton 558
Hi All, currently with Geico but got a bid from State Farm thats significantly better and considering switching on my boat valued at about $500K, kept in FL and spends few months a winter in Bahamas.

I'm curious:
1) any comments about State Farm good or bad worth noting?
2)Any comments about switching from Geico then if unhappy with State Farm (or any company) trying to get re-insured by GEICO again?

Thanks!

I used to have Geico but they went off the deep end so I contacted Peter Ricks at Novamar and he hooked me up with Markel. Better coverage and great rates. 206-350-5051

Make sure it is an agreed value policy. If it’s not you will be at the mercy of State Farm’s depreciation schedule regarless of what happens to boat prices.

Geico ( Boat us i assume) is getting out of the big boat business. I had them for years. They will keep you insurance but once you leave they will NOT re insure you. Once your out you are out. I was a boat us insurance member for 30 years. Wen I sold my 42 ant bought this 61 they said no. They are not insuring boats over 30 years old or over 30' for new policy's

The last few years i had them they kept decreasing my hull value automatically. I had to fight every year with them to keep the hull value where I felt i needed it. I am with Chubb . They have a good marine policy, Agreed value, spill coverage, etc.

Back
Top Bottom