Synthetic teak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grahamdouglass

Vessel Name
Summer Wind 1
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 41
I have a tricabin trawler. The 123"x110" teak deck over my aft bedroom does not leak. I have painted over my teak deck with an epoxy coating and kiwi deck coat because of the work involved in maintaning my aft deck.

I'm having second thoughts about my paint job. What are your thoughts on synthetic teak decking. There is a product on Amazon called Eva foam decking that has had some mixed reviews.

The question is, has anyone installed a synthetic teak deck on their trawler, either by themselves or by installers? Can you comment on the result?

I posted into & pics of my Mainship PlasDeck deck upgrade. See the signature linked Bacchus website... projects section. I made templates and did the install with a little help from friends but had the factory assemble & cut the shapes. I would do the same again if I had to. Benefit is the factory did plastic welds vs super glue if DIY
Questions welcome.

Last edited:
The foam stuff is not good. There is a pvc based product that is very similar looking to teak and is even sand-able. I did a ton of research when I was looking to replacing the tired deck on my old boat. Also, buying it directly from the manufacturer in china is a massive savings. My plan was to buy the simple sections direct and then have an outfit in the us handle the custom bits.

Not recommending this seller, just first one I found:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Like-teak-PVC-deck-boat_60770258195.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.15396090VRjxGO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom