Tank Monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
I have a 2003 MS 400 that has a tank monitor mounted in the galley next to refrigerator. I think its only for fresh water as the monitor powers up when I switch on the Fresh Water breaker.
In my search for senders, I can see one in each fresh water tank as well as one in the waste tank. I'm curious if 2 things. 1. Is the waste tank wired to this monitor and 2. If not are others using a waste tank monitor?
I've seen mentioned here about using a Scad Tank Monitor System and may do that if I can't connect the waste tank sensor to the gauge I have

Not sure about your year / model but my 2008 MS 34HT has a separate holding tank monitor & gauge on the side of the vanity next to the head. It powers on w head circuit.
Can you see the top of the holding tank? MS used the float style senders inside the tank thru a screw it tank fitting.

Not sure about your year / model but my 2008 MS 34HT has a separate holding tank monitor & gauge on the side of the vanity next to the head. It powers on w head circuit.
Can you see the top of the holding tank? MS used the float style senders inside the tank thru a screw it tank fitting.

Yes I can see a sender in the tank. It is under the floor, but I can see it. I'll look around again, but I don't recall seeing a gauge anywhere. But it would make sense since there is a sender.

If you don't have room to access & remove the sending unit (dip tube) the external foil tape on units work well. I believe it is Scad that are most often recommended.
You need access to the full depth of one side of the tank and will need to provide power from somewhere. Should be fairly easy if you find & figure out the existing wiring.

wish Scad would come out w/ a N2K connected version... :) I spoke w/ the owner a while back, he mentioned they were "looking into it". I think that was pre-covid, so who knows what R&D money may have gone into (or not) that...

Back
Top Bottom