Teleflex control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaFlorida

Veteran Member
Hello, we own two (2) single level electronic controls (upper and lower helms). Model number CH64600. The upper control station is no longer working correctly. It placed the single Yanmar engine rpm high (which i did not know) and when I moved the control arm it slammed the engine into reverse. The green and yellow indicator lights are not very bright on the upper helm.

The select button does not seem to work any longer. The lower helm control station works, but when I turn on the D.C. engine switch on, the green and yellow lights use to turn on. Now the green light turns on and then off on both the upper and lower control stations. Can I take apart the control station and see if it is corroded? Also can I easily remove the attached black cables and switch upper and lower control stations?

Thank you

Attachments

• 080146FA-8428-4EA0-AE97-774470BD7D84.jpg
    080146FA-8428-4EA0-AE97-774470BD7D84.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 30
I would take it apart and clean it with deoxit. Work the lever back and forth while you spray it out. Those things probably have a potentiometer that sends a signal back to the box near the engine. That signal can be plus or minus 10 volts, or 5 volts, or whatever they chose. If your voltage is low across the potentiometer output, it may think you’re in a completely different position on the control arm.
You can probably measure the voltage on the lower helm and compare to the upper after you clean it to be certain it’s ok. If the pot is too far gone, you may need to replace it.

Hopefully there is a way to open the device. Great advice, the controller is located on the upper helm and sometimes exposed to the weather. Corrosion might have started.
Thank you

Resolved!

I contacted the manufacturer and tech support walked me through resolving the issue. The problem was that the control head needed to be calibrated.

Thanks for everyone’s response

Back
Top Bottom