Thoughts and prayers needed !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Ron D

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Seas the Moment
Vessel Make
Mainship 400
Greetings from Sandy Eggo, California, Land of the Fruits and Nuts !
Weather is overcast with heavy brown smoke from the East County Fires.

If you have a moment and are on good terms with the 'Big Man Above' there
are a lot of folks here that need your thoughts and prayers. Massive loss of
houses, barns, small animal enclosures etc. Not pretty in 'America's finest City.

I am a 73 year native of San Diego (Sandy Eggo) and have never seen it this bad. The news does a decent job of coverage, but not even close to the real thing.

If you feel like donating, the Salvation Army and the Red Cross are both working 24/7 to care for, feed, and house hundreds of our neighbors.

Thanks for your consideration.

Captain Ron D. San Diego, CA, Mainship 400 "Seas The Moment":D

Sad to see that in my favorite Navy town. Did three ships out of there.

Our friends were evacuated from their home in the Berry Creek/Oroville area at 3am this morning. Later they heard the fire line swept over their property, so they are assuming total loss. Feel so bad for them, they worked so hard making their place their own slice of heaven on earth...

And our daughter who is stationed in the Navy there in San Diego told us they are on a code red for evacuation. My wife asked "is the whole damn state on fire?!"

On a side note, I'd never seen it referred to as Sandy Eggo. That's funny! And we could all use a laugh these days...

Prayers on the way, but Fires, followed by mud slides every year interrupted by earth quakes. I’m out of there first chance and yes beautiful in between but enough is enough.
Good Luck

Captain Ron, condolences to the folks experiencing this catastrophic event. The videos on the nightly newscasts are so apocalyptic that I have wondered if they're not somehow enhanced with special camera filters.

I have worked around controlled forestry burns in North Carolina, but the humidity is so much higher and the winds so much lighter that there is just no comparison to the conditions out west.

Consider it done. Prayers for those in all the western states that are affected by the fires. Last I heard there were near 100 fires burning in the west.

Sorry...it's kind of BC & Alaska's fault.

We've had a 'stagnant low' slowly grinding away off the coast of Alaska and the north coast of BC which has given us about the coldest/wettest spring and summer I've ever seen. This has kept your heat from flowing north, trapping it in place.

Again...so sorry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom