Transient Temp Storage options and boat selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VanBrudenship

Veteran Member
Need advice on temp transient storage. Will be exploring East Coast and want to fly in for about a week a month and explore an area then move on but need to come back home for work.

Looking at purchasing a trawler soon and looking at 25-ish outboard pilothouses and 28-31 ft downeast style trawlers (flybridge maybe).

The outboards would be much easier for dry storage options I assume but is the cost to haul out and in a couple times a month going to offset that, and bunk/craddle setup fees? I could dive the bottom once a month but what about long term costs associate with a boat in water full time?

What is everyone's experience on availabilty and costs? Not having a boat in the water would reduce zincs, bottom work, etc. But that would mean a 25 footer vs a 28 or 31... Would mostly be solo but having a friend or my kid occassionally so a 25 tug/trawler style pilothouse would work.

You can arrange for rack storage on the Chesapeake. Lots to explore and the boat will be out of the water when you're not using it.

Back
Top Bottom