Trawler Newbie in Chattanooga Tn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TurtleIV

Hey I’m a trawler newbie. I graduated from a 32 sea ray amberjack to a 58 Hatteras LRC. Love to find some folks around Chattanooga, and other LRC owners!

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_6279.jpeg
    IMG_6279.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 34
Welcome aboard. Congratulations on your new boat. The 58 LRCs are one of my favorite boats.

That is a beautiful boat, but kind of wasted being in Chattanooga. You need to get out and do some real voyaging!

But seriously, best of luck with the new boat. They really are pretty capable!

Thanks for the comments everyone. Totally agree the capability is wasted in Chattanooga, but it’s 15 mins from where we live currently. Planning on heading south semi-permanently within the next 6 months. We’re planning on taking it south this winter. Ten-Tom to the gulf then down to dry tortugas for a week or so then in the keys for a few weeks then up to Daytona area. Leave in in Florida insurance permitting till hurricane season or longer if I can find a good slip that won’t cost a kidney.

You have the LRC in Chattanooga? Can a person boat year round there?
The river goes to crap with logs and debris once the rain sets in, in jan. December through March is generally too cold for my liking in a house much less on the water. I’m planning on leaving out before winter sets in.

Let me know if you intend to pass through Panama City area, we have a couple of spare slips at the house that are 18 feet wide, 6-foot minimum draft, and 50-plust feet long. When we had a GB42 we took it across the Gulf a few times heading to places like the Dry Tortugas and such.

Welcome and congratulations! You have bought a great boat! I own one too. Love it! I looked at your LRC and many more before getting my project LRC. I’ve spent two years so far rehabbing her on weekends and holidays. I’ve taken lots of before and after photos and learned plenty about the nooks, crannies and systems on board. The LRC group is a great group and a valuable resource for information and encouragement. This forum is great too. Better Place is moored in Merritt Island a short distance from Daytona. Contact me when you want information and be sure to come see my LRC when you’re in the area.

Hey I’m a trawler newbie. I graduated from a 32 sea ray amberjack to a 58 Hatteras LRC. Love to find some folks around Chattanooga, and other LRC owners!

Mike
Great looking vessel! I have a 48 LRC in Nashville, TN. We LOVE Hatteras LRC's and know you will love your 58 LRC too. I've been drooling over Turtle IV ever since it's been on the market. I'll look you up next time I'm in Chattanooga. Be glad to help in any way.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Totally agree the capability is wasted in Chattanooga, but it’s 15 mins from where we live currently. Planning on heading south semi-permanently within the next 6 months. We’re planning on taking it south this winter. Ten-Tom to the gulf then down to dry tortugas for a week or so then in the keys for a few weeks then up to Daytona area. Leave in in Florida insurance permitting till hurricane season or longer if I can find a good slip that won’t cost a kidney.
I was looking at that boat.
Great boat!
I ended up buying a 51 defever in san Francisco and am cruising home to LA area now.
Love the LRC .good luck.

I was looking at that boat.
Great boat!
I ended up buying a 51 defever in san Francisco and am cruising home to LA area now.
Love the LRC .good luck

Mike, if you are looking at leaving your boat in Florida for the hurricane season, consider the Caloosahatchee River! We purchased our house here in April, and have dock space available reasonable. Hurricane hole, no surge, etc. What is your draft?

Attachments

• Ardoch.jpeg
    Ardoch.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom