Trying to find a light...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floatingmick

Veteran Member
Hey all, I have an '81 Present and I am trying to locate a surface mount light. All exterior lights on my boat are currently a 2.5" diameter circular light base. they are mounted on a wood mount on top of the glass of the same dimension. I have to replace several and have been trying to find a LED or incandescent of the same dimension to limit my retrofit, anyone have the same issue, been able to find a 2.5 inch base surface mount light? I have reached out to superbright led, they do not have such a creature. Thanks!

Try typing Facon 12v 3" led on amazon.com. These Facon are the lights i've installed in my boat. well made low price and easy to fit or cover existing head linings etc. They are also low profile and very bright. I used 2 in my after head, and its like daylight.

Can't you just get LED replacement bulbs for your existing lights?

Greetings,
Welcome aboard, if I've missed you. You might try getting in touch with: https://www.apollolighting.com/ in Ft. Lauderdale. Nice folks to deal with from my experience. Can you post a picture or two, please?
Thanks for the welcome!

I was forced into a new phone and lost my light base picture. I can get one this weekend when I get into our storage location. Basically, my only constraint is that it needs to be a 2.5 inch diameter circular exterior light. I don't have any major vertical dimension restrictions. Must have been a common size, I suspect, in 1980 or so, but I can't seem to locate any now 40 years later.

Back
Top Bottom