Walker Bay 10' on Weaver davits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greencoast

Vessel Name
Ami
Vessel Make
Puget Trawler 33
Looking at a Walker Bay 10' as a tender for our 34' CHB. We have a swim step and a weaver davit system in place. Curious if anyone has this setup as I'm concerned whether or not the Walker Bay gunnels will be stiff enough for to handle it without oil canning.

I had a Walker Bay 8 that got a big crack in a gunnel from banging a dock. They're not very strong. Their main selling point is light weight and you can't get that and strength, at least in that plastic material. The 10 footer may be a little heavier built.

Last edited:
Here our setup of a Walker By 10.
Stainless steel eye bolts are placed on the existing bolts with which the benches are attached.
Made of aluminum a frame with 4 lifting points to the boat and two lifting points to the davids.
Brackets have been placed on the frame on which the mast and boom are attached, has been working to full satisfaction for 15 years.

Nf6XYPQ.jpg

Here our setup of a Walker By 10.
Stainless steel eye bolts are placed on the existing bolts with which the benches are attached.
Made of aluminum a frame with 4 lifting points to the boat and two lifting points to the davids.
Brackets have been placed on the frame on which the mast and boom are attached, has been working to full satisfaction for 15 years.

I like that spreader bar setup! Seems like it would make for a very sturdy, stable lifting rig.

Thanks for the replies; thinking something rigid will be the choice. Anyone use a Columbia or Olympian fiberglass dinghy? Thinking an 8 footer will suffice.

Thanks for the replies; thinking something rigid will be the choice. Anyone use a Columbia or Olympian fiberglass dinghy? Thinking an 8 footer will suffice.

I have one of those that I’d be willing to part with. Has a rotating outboard mount on it for use on the swim platform. Bit of a drive down to Olympia though. I’m actually not sure what the manufacturer is, the title says fvx. Reminds me of an Olympian.
I’d use it but I keep a lightweight plastic west marine skiff on he boat deck. Works well with my electric outboard.

Do you have any pics? Do you know the capacity and the weight of the boat itself? It's and 8 footer?
Thanks!

Do you have any pics? Do you know the capacity and the weight of the boat itself? It's and 8 footer?
Thanks!

I don’t know the capacity or weight, sorry. It’s a fiberglass 8 footer. I looked at it this afternoon and on the side it says sportcat by sterling boats. Kind of shaped like a Livingston but the seating is a bit different. It’s got weaver hardware on it already and I think I have the snaps for the swim step too.
It’s pretty green from sitting in my shed for a few years but should clean up just fine.
I’ll pm you my email address. If you send me your email I’ll send a picture. I didn’t have any time to get my junk out of it, but can get a better pic later if you’re really interested.

Back
Top Bottom