Water sputtering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilPB

Guru
Vessel Name
Sun Dog
Vessel Make
Mainship 34
I completely replaced my freshwater system a couple projects ago and was happy with the new water pump, new showers, new head, new faucets, new piping, new additional freshwater tank and new hot water heater. I am now in the final stretch, going back and now testing out what I have completed and decided to check the plumbing manifolds, piping and all connections as I keep getting sputtering out of the hot water faucets and shower when I initially turn them on. I even removed my water filter screen between the water tanks and pump but to no avail, I still was somehow getting a bit of air into the hot water side of the system. So I did a query online and found a plumbing video about installing a new hot water system where they mentioned the final purging of air out of the tank using the pressure relief valve and that solved my problem.
Amazing how much time was spent chasing this problem down because I forgot one step in the process. At least I have 100% confidence that my water system has no leaks at any of the fittings or along any part of the water runs since they have now been checked at least 5 times!

But you were smart enough to go to the all-knowing google.

Unfortunately, it took me longer than it should have to figure out the problem. I'm almost done with the projects and it took about a year to complete them all. Now it's time for us to enjoy it.

I am often in that position where my mind tells me I forgot something but my mind will not tell me what. So I dwell on it for some time unnecessarily.

Kind of like walking into a room and forgeting why you went there to begin with

I did a query online and found a plumbing video about installing a new hot water system where they mentioned the final purging of air out of the tank using the pressure relief valve and that solved my problem. !

Do you have an expansion tank in your system?
If you don't, having an air cushion in the HW tank can take its place. Without any expansion capability you may get some blow-off out the P&T valve in certain situations.

Do you have an expansion tank in your system?
If you don't, having an air cushion in the HW tank can take its place. Without any expansion capability you may get some blow-off out the P&T valve in certain situations.

I debated installing one and don't remember why I opted not to do it. I put in a 3gpm Shurflo pump and seems to be operating fine. I also only have the capability to carry 70 gallons of freshwater also, and that was an increase over the original tankage. I needed to increase the capacity after installing the awesome Raritan ME, freshwater flush!

Mentioning a Google search brings to mind a coffee mug that sits on my doctor's desk.
"Don't confuse your Google search with my medical degree."
Despite all your searching, at times you just need an expert!

Google is great but I have received some of the best advice and useable suggestions from this forum! I have been rebuilding my boat for quite some time and without this forum and contributors I would have made far more mistakes in process and some semi-bad choices of equipment and purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom