Water tank sender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roger L

Veteran Member
Hello my Mainship 2006 34/T has two water tanks each side of fuel tank. My sender is not working gauge tests fine. Anyone know which tank has the sender wires from gauge go port .I prefer not removing bulkhead panels that I do not need to. Port is easy center and stbd a pain in the butt.

Since your timing is, well timely, I am installing a SCAD TM1Tank Monitor on my holding tank tommorrow, recieved it this afternoon from Amazon. My holding tank meter stopped working, this is a tape on outside system, that runs the signal thru sensor wires to the digital gauge. They also have a TM2 that can do fresh water as well as the holding tank on the same gauge. I'll let you know how it goes, but it gives a digital level in 1/8 levels from E to Full. With a 13 gallon holding tank, I need to know my levels.

My black tank gauge took a dump (pun intended) replaced it with a Scad TM1 digital monitor. You can also get a TM2 that monitors your fresh tank as well, but mine works fine. Nice thing about this is it’s a digital display that gives you state of fullness in 1/8 increments so you know exactly how much material is in the tank, and with a 13 gallon tank and a strict harbor like Avalon on Catalina Island, this is a must for our uses. The second pic shows the access hole I cut to get the old Wema gauge out and wire the new one in and made a starboard cover for the hole.

Attachments

• IMG_3347.jpeg
    IMG_3347.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3348.jpeg
    IMG_3348.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3349.jpeg
    IMG_3349.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 9
My 2005 34T has a similar water tank config to the OP. The level sensor is located in the starboard tank just behind the bulkhead protecting the fuel tank; almost right under the fuel tank sight tube. It failed in 2023. The sensor is far enough under the fuel tank that there is no clearance for it to be removed. The sides of the water tanks are not accessible, so the SCAD sensor was not a solution. I replaced the sensor with "
Fuel Sending Unit 240-33 ohms 11"(280mm) Marine for Boat Vehicle Truck RV Fuel Tank Sending Unit Fuel Water Level Sending Unit Fuel Gas Sender Fuel Water Level Sensor Fuel Gauge Sending Unit
Brand: 100Tech" from Amazon for $50. I used a hole saw to drill a hole in the top of the accessible area of the tank top. The material of the tank was thick/strong enough to hold SS sheet metal screws to secure the flange. Careful not to over-tighten.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom