Wilbur Yachts For Sale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PNK

I was walking through Southwest Harbor earlier this week, and as I passed a local real estate agency my eye was caught by a poster that mentioned Wilbur Yachts, which are made there.

https://www.swanagency.com/listing/1560733/200-202-seawall-road-southwest-harbor-me-04679/

If you follow the link, you will see that the property and buildings in SWH where Wilbur has been building their boats is for sale. The office wasn't open but from what I can gather, Wilbur is continuing to build boats and solicit orders, but may intend to lease everything back from whoever buys the property, or maybe move, but for now they are still at the same address on Seawall Rd.

I know there are some "Wilburites" out there, maybe one of you wants to run a boatyard?! Hinckley, Ellis and John Williams are all in that same neighborhood, so there is a lot of experience and history in just a few miles, and if you appreciate down-east lines there are a lot of beautiful boats to see.

PNK

I hope they don’t plan to shut down. All my favorite boats are built in Southwest Harbor. In addition to the builders already mentioned the Jarvis Newman boats were built in Southwest Harbor.

As a Florida boy I didn’t see snow until I was 38 years old. The first time I saw it was in a motel parking lot in Southwest Harbor. I was up there to check on how the construction of my Ellis 28 was coming along.

Wilbur Yachts for sale

You can still order a new Wilbur - but, boy have they gotten expensive! - but sadly Jarvis is no longer producing boats in SWH. They do still have a brokerage service, though, with one of the sons running it.

Back
Top Bottom