Wiring a Tachometer/hour meter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tator

Guru
Vessel Name
Oz
Vessel Make
Formerly Bluewater 40' RPH 1979
Help! I thought I was being so smart at the end if last year when removing my Motorola tach to take home over the winter and repair it. Rather than draw out a schematic of the wires, I finally decided to use my flip phone and take a picture. Of course this would be the year that my wife finally talked me into taking over her old iphone and, of course, my old phone with the wiring photo is now 1,000 miles away buried some where in our house! I now need to have some help in figuring out where the wires go. Hopefully the schematic will attach successfully and some electrical puzzlemaster has the answer.

I'm assuming that the stbd alt signal C wire goes to post 4. I'm also assuming that +E goes to post 5. My guess is that -D goes to post 3. It can reach to post one but would be a large terminal on a small post. -A to 2? -B is a short wire with a small terminal and will only reach to post 4 but that is where C alt signal wire goes and I was concerned about hooking it up to the same post.

The wiring was done professionally when we had the boat rebuilt. I feel fairly confident that the size of the terminals are correct with the size of the posts. I don't know how the inner workings of the Motorola are setup and hate to screw something up. The schematic also shows how the port unit is wired and it is different than the stdb unit.

Thanks, Tator

Attachments

• tach image 2.jpg
    tach image 2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 113

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom