San Diego Diesel mechanics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waihekecat

Hi All, Were going to be in San Diego next month and being new would be helpful if anyone with local knowledge knows a good John Deere mechanic ?
Any leads appreciated
TIA

If you get no replies in the next few days then contact MDS, Marine Diesel Service. He operates a shop in the Dan Diego area was highly active on Boat Diesel. Still active but less so.
Even if he does not work on Deere engines I'll suggest he knows of a good shop in the area that does.

I lean towards the dealer if you don’t have a known alternative.

Dependable Marine Inc. is listed as an authorized service provider. The authorized Deere locations have a factory connection that can have a lot of advantages.

I don’t know this dealer specifically. I also haven’t found independents that weren’t limited by the lack of a factory connection when working on the Deeres.

I lean towards the dealer if you don’t have a known alternative.

Dependable Marine Inc. is listed as an authorized service provider. The authorized Deere locations have a factory connection that can have a lot of advantages.

I don’t know this dealer specifically. I also haven’t found independents that weren’t limited by the lack of a factory connection when working on the Deeres.
This post reminded me of Dendable Marine. A friend at Northern Lights recommended them as having techs that were factory trained. I never used them but trust the recommendation for Dependable Marine.

Hopefully the OP will followup with whatever resolution works out.

Peter

I've used Dependable Marine for a mechanical survey on CATs. I was happy with their service and knowledge, and their parts counter was good, knowledgeable and had most everything I needed (I like it when I show an odd part to a parts guy and he knows what it is right away). Overall, their quotes for work seems a bit high, but likely I wasn't calibrated for the San Diego market.

Back
Top Bottom