120 / 12 volt power to port side table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
I wanted to ask any MS 400 owners if they had a 120 and or 12 volt power near the table in the main salon. I wanted to run both so I wont have to run an extension core to charge my laptop. If so would you mind letting me know where the power originates from and if you ran a new circuit of tapped off one already near by.
Thanks in advance.

There is an AC outlet under the table on our boat, it sure looks original and I know for a fact that the PO didn't add it, he didn't do anything at all to the boat. I'm really surprised you don't have one there.

No DC outlet there for us though. I switched the AC outlet to an outlet with two USB slots on it, I use that for charging phones etc.

The outlet under the table on our boat is tied in with GFI plug in the side cabin at the fwd end of the port side bunk. Maybe you could fish a wire from that outlet, under the bunk, then up under the table?

If you want to add DC, maybe tie in with the circuit for the macerator pump under the stairs?

Like Doug I have an AC outlet under the table. You should have on there too.

Yup, under the table.

I wanted to ask any MS 400 owners if they had a 120 and or 12 volt power near the table in the main salon. I wanted to run both so I wont have to run an extension core to charge my laptop. If so would you mind letting me know where the power originates from and if you ran a new circuit of tapped off one already near by.
Thanks in advance.

120VAC would originate from the breaker panel. It would be tied to the breaker marked 'outlets'. If there is more than one, then obviously the one the kills the outlet when it gets turned off.

The breaker for outlets should be a 15amp 120VAC. The typical 15amp 120VAC circuit should be able to support up to 8 outlets.

If you're going to create a jumper to tie into an existing outlet, please user an 'In-Sure' style connector rather than a wing nut. I also am leery of a Wago connector that has a lock. I'm always afraid movement will open the lock, then later cause a short in that circuit.
-------------------

12VDC. This can be in the form of USB port. However, if you want to plug in a 120VAC device, then you'll need to install an inverter. This should go:

House Battery -> Fuse -> Inverter -> Outlet.

If I installed a 120VAC outlet off of an inverter, I would specifically marking that outlet as (12V). So someone doesn't decide to run a crock-pot on the table off of the battery. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom