2023 San Diego Meetup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lwarden

Guru
Vessel Name
North Star
Vessel Make
Lindell 36
Hello fellow Trawler Forum members. It appears to me there are a number of San Diego or SoCal folks on the forum. Is there any interest in getting a raft up event together in the spring? We used to do this with the Shamrock fleet a few years ago and it was quite a hit. Suggesting a happy hour and bbq event at either Mission or San Diego bay once things warm up a bit.

If there are enough folks interested we can throw around some ideas of where and when.

Looking forward to putting some faces behind the names...

Laurence

We would be interested....We are on Harbor Island...Sunroad...

I come up to SD pretty frequently when I'm in Ensenada. Would be great to connect faces with handles....

Peter

i would probably join if i am in town.

Not with my official trawler but the unofficial one, 30 feet sport fish. I promise to travel at hull speed all the way to the meet.

It would be great to get together. I am also a member at Southwest Yacht Club but boat is kept at Harbor Island West. We do a number of raft ups at La Playa and Glorietta Bay and some in Mission Bay. I personally prefer to anchor separately but gather for events as rafting up is a bit of a hassle and requires much more planning. If you are one of the quiet crowd it can also be a bit annoying to be in the middle with people crawling back and forth over your boat. Dinghies make good neighbors! I am far from anti-social but I just don't see the benefit of rafting up unless it is the only way to get space (such as in Coronado Cays basin). Happy to supply my contact details on a PM if we want to start an interest list.

Sounds like we have a bit of interest here. Since we have some larger boats I agree rafting might not be the best idea. I would be up for rafting up to a max of three boats of similar size to mine (36'), but if folks want to anchor and dinghy around that works too. La Playa is probably the best bet and since we have a couple SWYC members perhaps we could arrange some space at the club to meet up? Otherwise we could also do something on the beach nearby as well.
If you are interested, please PM me with your contact info and I will put together a list we can all access via google sheets. Please also send any dates you can't make it so we can pick a date.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

La Playa is also the easiest to secure a mooring reservation but suggest we try to find a tentative date as they do book up. I don't expect it will be much of a problem to get either a room or at least a few tables at SWYC. Will PM you. Thanks for kicking this off.

Ok, bringing this back up to see if people can make either May 13th or the 20th. Feel free to PM me with your preference. More details once we get a date set. Ken, I will be in touch so we can see if it's possible to get some time at SWYC.

Come South 1000 miles and I'm in.

Make it in Ensenada in July-october and I'm probably in :blush:

Ok, shooting for May 13th for this. I've messaged several of you about this.
Peter (Weebels), your inbox is full so please make some room so I can contact you.

Well, maybe I didn't do this right or my deodorant isn't working. Anyway, I've only had one response so it looks like this isn't going to happen unfortunately.

Maybe try again next year....

Glorietta Bay still has some openings as of today...

Unfortunately, I won't be back on west coast until after memorial day! Would otherwise be great to get together.

Peter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom