Antifreeze removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donvigus

I have a Perkins T6-3544 diesel in a Monk 36 and need help on how to drain antifreeze.

I have a Perkins T6-3544 diesel in a Monk 36 and need help on how to drain antifreeze.
On my Range 4's, 6 cylinder 354's the drain plug is inches above the starter so, cover your starter with a grocery bag and drain away. My advice is place a large bucket to catch the miniature "waterfall".

On my Range 4's, 6 cylinder 354's the drain plug is inches above the starter so, cover your starter with a grocery bag and drain away. My advice is place a large bucket to catch the miniature "waterfall".
Thanks, that sounds easy enough. Do you change your antifreeze once a year?

We have Cummins 6CTAs so they are different but we have a petcock that drains the coolant. I put in the Extended Life Fleetguard Coolant. Cummins says it is good for the life of the engines.

Just about exactly 5 gallons.

Ken

Cummins also says you can run 25000 miles on their oil.
I still change it at 5000 and it is much cheaper than engines.
I still change the coolant every other year.

I change coolant which I get from Cummins every 2 yrs.

When draining my Yanmar AF I found a cheap Hbr Frt battery transfer pump that was super handy.
I could get a catch pan under the drain point(s) but no way to get it out when full to dump. The pump worked well to transfer to another container for handling.
The other way is to drain it into the bilge and wet shop vac it up but above worked very well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom