Battery charger always on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The two pins at each end of a straight tube are connected together by the filament, so of course there will be some resistance between those two pins. Otherwise the tube would not light.

The only thing connecting one of the pins at one end of the straight tube to a pin at the other end of the straight tube is the tube's glass (non-conductive) and the enclosed gas, which is non-conductive if not energized.

Your circular tube is simply a straight tube rolled into a circle, two ends, four pins, two filaments still exist.

Did your You-Tuber bother to try to see if the two ends of the tube were connected?

The two pins at each end of a straight tube are connected together by the filament, so of course there will be some resistance between those two pins. Otherwise the tube would not light.

The only thing connecting one of the pins at one end of the straight tube to a pin at the other end of the straight tube is the tube's glass (non-conductive) and the enclosed gas, which is non-conductive if not energized.

Your circular tube is simply a straight tube rolled into a circle, two ends, four pins, two filaments still exist.

Did your You-Tuber bother to try to see if the two ends of the tube were connected?

after taking the connection fitting apart, I see why it's not conductive and the ohm meter has no reading.

the battery volt is 13.5V. using a Fluke 325, i got the current on the er lights circuit is 5.6A. the actual total watt is 75w, higher than the labeled 66w (22w x 3), or the fluke 325 needs to be calibrated.

Image_20240405101458.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, Lots of good help here on this i see.
Yeah florescent tubes will not provide a useful measurement due to the ballast and i doubt you'd get a good reading from that.

Best bet is to find a resistive load to use for the test it doesn't need to be native to the boat, i had a couple 100W lights mounted on magnets for extra lighting when needed, something like that would work fine.

Now its 18w LED pods on magnets, i like them better as they are more compact and nicer to be around in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom