Breeze is home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob328

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Breeze
Vessel Make
97 Marine Trader 34/double cabin
Last year my wife and I left Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin with our new to us 1997 Marine Trader 34DC. We brought it around Mackinac to Toledo beach marina and I installed a new Nexgen 5.5 kw genset myself. It was a challenge and took me a month, but well worth the labor. We took the Erie Canal from Lake Erie. We left it at Brewerton, New York for the winter and returned in July to bring it to our home port in St Augustine. We took 8 weeks to get home and loved the cruise. The boat performed well and the admiral loved the challenge and new sights. I was surprised how exhausting the trip was after we got home. We've been home for 10 days and we are still feeling very tired! We only did a half loop, but it was a great time for the Admiral and I. Can't wait to head to the Keys in a couple months! I think I know every square inch of the boat now and hope to enjoy this girl for many years. I've been reading the Forum for years and have gained so much knowledge! Thanks to all.

Congratulations on the successful trip. You actually did what we hope to do someday -- just the half-Loop, eastward from Duluth, across the top and down the coast -- if we ever get that far. Just too much to see and do in life along the way. The first time that genset fired up must have been a very satisfying moment.

genset

It was exciting to start the new genset the first time. We got the sound enclosure and it is very quiet, We turned on every appliance and a/c one by one and we were able to power it all easily. It was a month well spent. Anchoring with a/c was great when the temps hit 93! The trip was great . We took a few days off to avoid the tropical storms and missed both of them. We knew when we left that not trying to maintain a schedule would make life easier! I hope you make time to do the trip. It's fun and interesting. I'd do it again.

We had considered the loop, but we can't really do it with our current boat. Great job on accomplishing what you did!:dance:

Back
Top Bottom