Dickinson Antartic with Heatex as a back up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

balder8

Vessel Name
BALDER VIII
Vessel Make
North Sea Trawler 57' OC
Hi everybody,

My beefy Webasto Blue Cool Premium AIRCO with Webasto diesel water heater integrated + 4 air handlers is now working properly...( not an easy task...)

But considering new trips to northern latitudes, I would like to retrofit as a back up, a Dickinson diesel heater ANTARTIC model and to heat my cabin below, install a Heatex stack robber system run an hot warm transfer pipe to connect to the small fan instead of coils and a new water circuit with radiators etc.

Does somebody have experience with with Dickinson Heatex Chimney heat robbing system? Is it efficient or unuseful gadget?

Thanks by advance!

Hi everybody,

a Dickinson diesel heater ANTARTIC model and to heat my cabin below, install a Heatex stack robber system run an hot warm transfer pipe to connect to the small fan
Thanks by advance!

On Seeadler, I had just the devices you describe as my primary heat (42' trawler). It provided ample heat to the main salon/galley/lowerhelm with a lovely fireplace glow.

I found the ducted heat in the aft cabin marginally sufficient, and the rather noisy fan interfered with sleep. In a boat your size, one might consider a pair of the smaller wall-mounted units for better heat distribution.

Attachments

• heatex.jpg
    heatex.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
If you do opt for the diesel stove, you will want one of these nifty devices to set on top. Otherwise, the cabin air becomes quite stratified, comfy at your reading chair; stifling when you stand.

Attachments

• voda fan.jpg
    voda fan.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your replies. I understand that installing these heaters requires to think twice before drill- the deck - once to obtain a good result considering all parameters and necessar acessories

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom