Dock space? Ft. Laud area. 60' Cat w/25' beam??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephan

Hello and Happy Holidays all,

I am wondering if anyone has any insight into available dock space for Jan, Feb, Mar (possibly Apr too) for a 60' powercat.

Seems like a challenge to find space anywhere, but that is likely my timing or the shortage of space for boats, in general (especially boats with a wide 25' beam).

Currently having work done on her at Indiantown Marina, but looking to move her closer to the coast so that we can use over the winter before bringing her up the coast to her new home in New England.

Any info is appreciated. I've called about 40 places from Stuart and south, but not having much luck.

Hoping the a holiday "miracle".

Sincerely,
Stephan Lance
Warwick, RI

With that beam you’re going to need a 100’ slip or a t head. I think you better get your ground tackle in order and just anchor out til the weather breaks back north.

I'm 52' x 15' and started looking for a slip in the Keys in early June. I was on multiple lists, finally found a reasonable slip in Marathon in August, but had to pay for 70' (which was still better than many of the other marinas that were potentials). I go to Marathon on January 1, and just had no luck finding a slip in the Miami area for 12/25 to 1/1 (boat is in Melbourne right now).

My suggestion is to look farther north. Try Fort Pierce (about 20 miles north of Stuart) and go north from there. You can also look on the gulf side, Tampa Bay (inc. Manatee river) and north. Those are going to be your best bets to get a monthly slip. Or you'll end up paying the daily rate for three months somewhere!

Thank you BroadCove

My suggestion is to look farther north. Try Fort Pierce (about 20 miles north of Stuart) and go north from there. You can also look on the gulf side, Tampa Bay (inc. Manatee river) and north. Those are going to be your best bets to get a monthly slip. Or you'll end up paying the daily rate for three months somewhere!

Thanks for the reply. Very much appreciated.
S-

Try Dockside Marina in Ft Pierce. They have 3 T-head docks and have reasonable prices. Only problem is a wicked current that shifts with the tide.

Dock Space

Try Dockside Marina in Ft Pierce. They have 3 T-head docks and have reasonable prices. Only problem is a wicked current that shifts with the tide.

Thank you La Sirena. Hoping to find something more southern, but to date we have been SOL. So, I'll start looking further north.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Stephan

Thank you La Sirena. Hoping to find something more southern, but to date we have been SOL. So, I'll start looking further north.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Stephan

Don’t waist your time trying to find anything on the Gulf side . Marco island and Naples are booked for years but you might try Port of the Islands south of Marco.

Ever since the hurricane barely anything has been replaced for slips as a thousand plus we’re lost.

St Pete municipal is starting dock renovations and kicked 100s of boats out. I keep my boat in front of a house in Cape Coral and I am fortunate to have that.

They’re mooring buoys at Fort Myers beach but the dinghy dock and parking I have not heard about. Matanzas Inn used to run the mooring field but suspect Moss Marine does now.

Dock Space, east coast FL

Don’t waist your time trying to find anything on the Gulf side.
Thank you for replying. I am only looking on the east coast of FL.
In the end, I think we've thrown in the towel on the search and will keep the boat on the hard at Indiantown MC.
Maybe in April we can find space.
Too many boats and not enough dock space is a bad equation for the Industry, overall.
S-

Back
Top Bottom