Flopper Stoppers for a 64' Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikehar

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gallivant
Vessel Make
Northern Marine 64
I'm looking at adding some anchor stabilization to Gallivant. Does anyone know of a vendor that sells poles and attachments suitable for a 64' boat? I contacted forespar, but they say their product is limited to 55' and below.

-mike

Hey Mike, Starr's flopper stoppers came off a Nordhavn 76, but I don't know who manufactured them originally. You might check with PAE and see if they'll tell you where they get them. By the way, we replaced the Naiad fins with Humphree 24v electric fins when we were in Seattle in the fall and haven't used the flopper stoppers since...pushing a button is a lot easier!

On my 66' Cheoy Lee, I used the Magma Flopper Stopper which I just simply hung off the crane davit from the flybridge. I was effective although not as effective as having one on each side.

I was on a 2 year old Nordhavn 63 recently there had a single Forespar flopper stopper. Owner said he needed a second one but that was it.

Forespar kit is nice. Worst case, get the pole end fittings and buy a longer pole. But seriously, two 14 foot poles should be fine.

Peter

99% sure my buddy that just replaced his flopper stopper pole on his Nordhavn 68 bought a forespar.

Back
Top Bottom