Great harbour tt35

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slice of life

Does anybody have any experience with this boat? 10’4”beam, 35’ trawler. Cruise at 12 to 18 mph. It has a couple 60 hp outboard’s, very good fuel efficiency,top end 20 mph. Please help me with any information you can. Thanks.

If I recall, Miz Trom posted later the changes that were necessary to make resolve some of the issues. I believe they later sold the boat.

Miz Trom and I are kindred spirits with a disasterous experience that we were willing to publicly share despite embarrassment (EDIT - mine had nothing to do with Great Harbor).

Peter

I believe I was at the Lake Santa Fe boat ramp launching for bass fishing the day they did the sea trail for this boat. I had never heard of Great Harbor although they are about 25 miles east of me in Gainesville. I have since driven by their facility in NE Gainesville. Small, unimposing and completely land locked. I was impressed by the boat, followed it out into the the lake an around for awhile. Anyhow I read Post #193. It seems the issues was with cost overruns, meeting deadlines and the contract itself. I read nothing about the sea worthiness or build quality. It seems the OP of Post #193 got a boat that took 4 times longer to build then contracted for at 50% more than the agreed price. I would be curious about how cruising these boats has turned out. How many have been built to date?

Another Miz Trom thread that expands to other hulls. I didn't read the entire thread, but I seen to recall there was a lengthy description of the changes and repairs needed which were done by someone other than GH.

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43015

I found Miz Trom's posts to have a "ring of truth" to them. As someone who has worked with service contracts much of career, I can attest that it's fairly easy to identify unacceptable terms, but it's hard to recognize terms that are altogether missing, especially when you're playing in a field that is not your own. This is why Miz Trom's #1 guidance is to hire an attorney before. It sounds like the builder took liberties to exclude obligations for them and create ambiguities they could exploit. Not unheard of but partly explains why, when ambiguities arise, contracts are interpreted against the authoring party.

In the end, they really liked the boat despite the purchase experience.

Peter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom