Hurley H2O Davit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amxr39

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Allegro
Vessel Make
Helmsman 38E Hull #61
I’ve got a new Helmsman 38E coming in soon. I don’t use a dingy that often so I don’t have a davit on the flybridge. I’m thinking of installing a Hurley H2O 20 series davit. There are a few videos of installing it on YouTube. Does anyone have experience with this davit, especially Helmsman owners? It looks like it will keep my dingy up above the swim platform, which sits quite low when underway I’ve been told. Does anybody know how deep the standard swim platform is from front to back? I like that the dingy travels flat and doesn’t block visibility to the rear. My dingy weighs 90 lbs and my 6 hp motor weighs 58 lbs.
Thank you.

Hi - I had the H2O installed on my boat for 2 years and then replaced it last year and just sold the davit for $500. In my case I had a 9' aluminum RIB and a 9.9 4 stroke outboard. RIB weighted about 100 lbs and the motor 94 lbs. The combination of the weight and the V bottom on the RIB made using the H2O extremely difficult. with your lighter weight dinghy you may have better results.

Hi - I had the H2O installed on my boat for 2 years and then replaced it last year and just sold the davit for $500. In my case I had a 9' aluminum RIB and a 9.9 4 stroke outboard. RIB weighted about 100 lbs and the motor 94 lbs. The combination of the weight and the V bottom on the RIB made using the H2O extremely difficult. with your lighter weight dinghy you may have better results.

I had the same problem. It took my wife and I to pull it up and onto the arms. I was thinking of some sort of a winch to pull it up. But I sold that boat.

The install tolerance of the arms were very tight! On each arm they use two blocks with two raised bolt heads for the arms to slid on. This made it very hard to get the two blocks at the exact height. I called them and said that the block closed to the edge of the platform only needs one bolt head. Which would make it easier to slide the rails on. The back block take up most of the wight anyways.

I ended up replacing the H2O with the Tender Roller system from Seaweed Marine. Works like a charm!

My H2O davits seem to be made of a lower grade stainless. It leaves lots of rust stains on swim platform. They also have some jagged casting edges inside track that I’ve cut my fingers on when installing. I use them on a dinghy with inflatable bottom and electric motor about 120 pounds total. I can just pull it up. Wouldn’t want to go any higher in weight. I purchased mine in 2020.
Todd

Back
Top Bottom