MainShip 31' Sedan Bridge - Broken Water Line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlombardo

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
1998 Mainship 31 Sedan Bridge
Does anyone have any experience with replacing a broken water line that runs from the hot water heater to the bathroom/shower? Apparently, I didn't properly winterize and now when I turn on the water it is leaking from under the floor directly behind the bathroom.

I also reviewed the owner's manual, and it doesn't supply any kind of specs on the plastic tubing used. I did take some pictures of the tubing, but it is not very legible. The best I can do is Hot/Cold Potable Water Tubing - SDR 9-100PSI AT 180 Degrees. I do not see any size information. It appears to be around 1/2" in diameter.

My short-term goal is to identify what the tubing size is so that I can purchase several inline valves and shut it off for now.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

John

Pic

This is the clearest picture that I have.

Appreciate you taking a look at it.

John

Attachments

• 20230418_153536.jpg
    20230418_153536.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 26
Looks to be similar to PEX. My 2008 MS 34HT has PEX type tubing but its 14mm NOT 1/2"
Just be sure which size it is so you are sure to get the correct stuff. Big box stores sell 1/2" PEX and fittings but you will need to go to a marine supply for 14mm tube & fittings.
Size may be marked in another section of the tubing.
You can use push on fittings or crimp types. Push on fittings require a perfectly square cut so a cut off tool is essential. Crimp fittings not as critical but the cut off tool is handly.

Thanks for the information. I will cut out a section and take it with me to the store to make sure I get the right size.

Much appreciated!

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom