May TrawlerFest in Anacortes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trihartsfield

Vessel Name
Ethos of the T
Vessel Make
26 Sedan Tollycraft
We are beginning the process of reviewing different trawlers for our future plans of partial live aboard when we retire. I am looking at going to the TrawlerFest in May in Anacortes. Does anyone have experience with the event and if so what are your thoughts? Do you think there will be enough boats there to get good ideas on layout, size etc. We are looking at 36 to 42 foot range.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,
A few years ago, I attended a "show" at Anacortes when I was in the market. I found the show to be quite good with a reasonable number of boats on display.
With that said, these are different times. It seems that boats are in short supply, so the selection available could be variable??
Often at Cap Sante Marina there is a reasonable selection of Nordic Tugs available to view, and the American Tug factory and "sales" location is nearby to Anacortes. For AT viewing contact Jeff Calvert or Steve Scruggs.

So, my guess is, that a trip to the area could be worth it.

Anacortes has some good brokers with a lot of trawlers. You're also close to LaConner and a 90 minute drive to Seattle where there are more trawlers and brokers than you can shake a stick at. Maybe plan to tour inventory with one or two brokers while you're in town.

You're not going to see anything that isn't already on yachtworld and the brokers need to pay a hefty fee to be there. You'll find more just searching YW. Though it's fun to go and look. Seminars may be of interest and there has been a small tent for displays.

Hi Chris,

Anacortes is a great venue to look at many boats in one place The Trawlerfest and boat show are merged, and as mentioned there are MANY brokers with inventory in the marinas and storage yards. Cap Sante Marina is also large. I doubt you would be disappointed with the selection if you made the trip.

For a representative sample, punch “Anacortes” in the Yachtworld search box. Do a fly over with Google Earth to get a feel for the size of the marine industry here.

Seattle is nearby if you need more.

Happy to chat or PM if desired. Best Wishes.

My opinion is that at your stage of planning, things like trawlerfest and boat shows are perfect.

You cannot pick a boat layout virtually. You need to walk through different style boats and get an idea of what you like.

We have been to Anacortes a couple of time and really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks for the information,

We have a slip reserved and am looking forward to the seminars and all the boats.

Back
Top Bottom