N76 anchor locker drain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CamoPirate

Veteran Member
Currently underway delivering a N76 from Florida to Australia and ran into a glitch.

Anchor wash down pump doesn’t want to function and we anchored in some goopy mud in Panama, despite our efforts to keep the mud out of the locker enough got in the it has clogged the drain. Problem is I can’t find the drain location in the manual or schematics to unclog it. Currently about 6” of water in the hold. Plus the chain of course so we will potentially attempt yo clear the blockage when/if we anchor in Nuka Hiva during our fuel stop.

Anybody know the exact location ?

If you can't get an answer here, have the owner contact the "Nordhavn Owners Group" online. They seem to be pretty responsive.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

The SoU is a beauty.

I wish you air winds and following seas!

If you can't get an answer here, have the owner contact the "Nordhavn Owners Group" online. They seem to be pretty responsive.

:D
:D
Hope you get it resolved soon.

The SoU is a beauty.

I wish you air winds and following seas!

Thanks, we have the winds and seas are turning behind us, now just need to drop a bit further south to get the .7 knt current off our nose. LoL
The Southern South Equatorial Current (SSEC) is a interesting phenomenon.

Owner will be joining somewhere along the way. I figure once we anchor we can bail the water out and it should be obvious where the drain is. But with 15 days still to go before Nuka Hiva trying to figure it out is something to do.

Id bet somewhere in the bottom.

lol

Phone Dana Point on Monday and ask the N76 Project Manager…

Is there be an external drain point,covered by a half clamshell or similar, indicating drain location?

Not sure about the lockers on that boat, but on the single locker vessels the drain is on center two inches in front of a “stringer”which runs athwartships. There is a 7/8 bulkhead ahead of the stringer which runs to the top of the locker and obscures the stringer unless you drop your head down to the bottom of the locker. The chain pile can slide or fall onto the drain and completely cover it. If the drain gets plugged with mud or debris, any rinse or green water will cause the locker to fill to the point where the water will rise and spill over the stringer and run into the forward bilge. Best thing would be to wait two weeks then empty and muck out the lockers. If the bilge or boat start to get stinky just shop vac the locker the best you can and seal the chain pipes from any further water ingress. Best way to deal with mud I found was to wait for it to become clay. Leave the locker open and put a couple of fans in for a day while the chain is all out.

Is there be an external drain point,covered by a half clamshell or similar, indicating drain location?

I am sure there is but being as we are underway it makes it a bit difficult to investigate, i was hoping someone here had the details.

Fwiw, This is not a big deal posing any real problem, more a curiosity and something to occupy time on passage. Should be easy enough to solve once we get to an anchorage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom