Old F-L 120 with Velvet Drive... manual for the transmission?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tazling

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
DARXIDE
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 32
I can't find a part number on my Velvet Drive (maybe too many coats of spray paint over the years?) but it dates from 1968 or so.

I am looking for a manual that would tell me about the fill level, as it seems to me to be overfilled (per dipstick markings).

The dipstick is weird (has a dogleg in it, is attached to a square threaded plug not a pull handle at the top).

I have found various people selling xeroxes or PDFs of Velvet Drive manuals online but have no idea how to tell which one is the right one.

If someone can point me to the most likely model number I will hunt down and purchase a manual. Or if there's a site with free manuals that would be even better.

Thanks! the internet is amazing and you are very kind. but that seems to be the service manual... I was looking for the idiot manual, you know, the one that says "capacity X litres, use ATF, this is how to check the level"

I skimmed swiftly through the link you sent but didn't immediately see anything about fluid levels and fill procedure...

afaik the transmission is not connected to the oil cooler. I will dbl check that nothing is hidden in the darkness below, but I don't recall any plumbing attached. there is that square headed plug on the port side of the trans but it's just the dipstick.

trans is full of ATF.

Back
Top Bottom