Perkins 6.354M remote start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I'm 95+% solo cruising the thought of placing a remote (ER) engine starting switch has surfaced. Thought being if I need to bleed the fuel system would like to do it "on the fly" while cracking bleed ports/injector lines. Looking for ideas how to wire that in or would I just be better to get an alligator clip on starter switch and just turn over the starter while bleeding?

I have a T6.354. I like the idea of cranking the motor instead of using the tiny manual pump lever under the fuel pump to get the fuel flowing when bleeding the system. I didn't think cranking the motor to bleed the system was ok. Are you saying it is?
Mind you, I'm not criticizing, I still am in the learning curve and I like this idea.

It would be really simple to wire another switch to the starter solenoid for bleeding the injector lines. That said, I have never needed to bleed the injector lines to start the engine, I have had to bleed the injector pump which is easy to do with the manual lever on the lift pump and backing off the bleeder screw with the 5/16" hex on the injector pump. In my case, it was due to an air leak and the generator and engine sharing a pickup tube. I will address both issues and hopefully avoid the whole issue in the future.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom