Raymarine chart plotter replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarantelle

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Ocean Dream
Vessel Make
1981 Ocean Alexander 55 Pilothouse
The electronics on my boat are all Raymarine (except for vhf radio). I have a Seatalk NG network with gs165 and es128 chartplotters. The system also has Quantum radar, AIS700, CP370 sounder and an autopilot.

I’ve been thinking of adding another chart plotter as the es128 touchscreen is not working but otherwise functional. I’ve been looking at an Axiom 12RV. I’m trying to find out if the Axiom 12RV plays well with older existing networks like mine. I’ve heard that the Axiom + does not play well - even with an all Raymarine system. Does anyone have any experience with using the Axiom (not Axiom +) with other Raymarine products?

You are right to be concerned. I do not know the answer to your question. I have experienced mixing different generations of Raymarine equipment often leads to system crashes at strange times.

For example, mixing EXXw with the esXX would work fine until you turned on the radar.

The e series will only run Lighthouse 2. The Axioms run 3 or 4 Lighthouse. So they won’t play together. But you might confirm that with Raymarine just to make sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom