Replacing AC Breaker on GB32

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grandbanksbayfield

Vessel Name
Solvogn
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 32
I need to replace the breaker-switch for my AC. The one in the panel has a thread pattern of about 3/4 inch by 2 and 1/8 inches on dipole breakers. All the new ones I see on the market, like Blue Sea, etc. are 3/4 by about 1 and 5/8 inches. Anybody know where i can find the original sized breaker? Or is this panel so obsolete that I will have to do some microsurgery on the slot and go with the modernization or standard, whichever it is? The new 16000 BTU Webasto calls for a 25 amp slow breaker-switch. Would it be okay to go with a 30 amp if I can find it? The load wire going to the unit is #10, so it seems okay to use a 30. The AC runs at 12.5 amps according to the specs.

Try Ward's Marine Electric: https://wardsmarine.com/ or search for Heinemann circuit breakers whic are in (I think) all of the GB's that we have owned. Good luck!
Regards,
Scott

Heinemann is now owned by Cutler Hammer. You can order your breaker new by the part#. Call Heinemann direct or go to CH electrical distributor.

Be about $100+ because of Canadian taxes.

Anything with a motor should always have the overcurrent protection rated by the manufacturer. They base it off of the locked rotor current, and using too large a size even if your wiring can handle it can result in fires if the rotor is locked because the overcurrent protection will never trip. Find a 25 Amp breaker.

Breakers

Heinemann is now owned by Cutler Hammer. You can order your breaker new by the part#. Call Heinemann direct or go to CH electrical distributor.

Be about $100+ because of Canadian taxes.

Checked them out and they have a lot of stock. When I get the breaker out of the box I can get more info. For right now, i am having a lot of problems finding the ones with longer screw pattern.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom