shipping company recommendatons from Wisconsin to upstate New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fbroderick

looking for shipper recommendations from Wisconsin to upstate New York. Vessel is a nordic tug 32' approximate ship date is June.

IMG_3467.png

looking for shipper recommendations from Wisconsin to upstate New York. Vessel is a nordic tug 32' approximate ship date is June.

The first and only call you should make is to Associated Transport out of Marysville Washington. I've used them a few times for long transports and the results were consistently outstanding.

I used another well-known company once with disastrous results.

The first and only call you should make is to Associated Transport out of Marysville Washington. I've used them a few times for long transports and the results were consistently outstanding.

I used another well-known company once with disastrous results.
What was the company that didn't work out? Topic comes up from time to time - Willard Marine used to use Joule so I've mentioned their name but have no personal experience. While I appreciate your being polite, your history on TF tells me you've got decent experience and knowledge coupled with level headedness. If you're comfortable, I'd be interested the bad experience (assuming it's first hand experience). Totally understand if you'd prefer to stay quiet though.

Peter

FWIW, solely my own personal experience, one time Joule transported a boat for me across the country.
It did not go well for me. The boat arrived damaged from going under an overpass lower than the loaded height of the boat on the trailer. I'm sorry I used them and regret not having used Associated again.

In your search for a transporter, I'd suggest not just focusing on price. Often in life, if you go with the cheapest price, you get what you pay for.

Your mileage may vary.

If you have the time I would run the boat on it’s own bottom. You would get to experience the TSW, outstanding, and the NY canals too. It can be a trip of a lifetime.

I can highly recommend Lock View Marina & Transport. Union Springs NY on Cayuga Lk.

If you are moving it to Ithaca / Cayuga this will certainly be your best bet for safe, secure handling. May not be the lowest price but they know their stuff.

They moved my MS from Dallas to Seneca Lk and couldn't be happier. They have moved my brothers sail boat with similar experience. Local yards recommend them as well. Having a shipper located near me was important to me vs 1,000 mi away just in case I had to deal with them after the fact.

Yes on my list I talked with Allison yesterday. Thanks

Liking the new look of the website👍

If you have the time I would run the boat on it’s own bottom. You would get to experience the TSW, outstanding, and the NY canals too. It can be a trip of a lifetime.
It’s crossed my mind but would like to build some confidence with the boat before that type of trip

Lock View and Andrews Trucking Limited have both brought quite a few boats in and out of our marina with seemingly good results. The marina owner has used ATL to ship his own boat and has been happy.

Rob Lee
508 758 9409

Have my Cape Dory 30 transported From the Cape Cod area to Morehead City NC 3 years ago

Has a good reputation and history.

It’s crossed my mind but would like to build some confidence with the boat before that type of trip
Is it your experience or just not knowing orvtrusting the boat?
I agree w Dave in that the trip is a fantastic one. You might consider spending a bit of time on the other end getting familiar and gaining confidence. Of course, it dependsnon whether you have the time available. If you want to gain confidence a Capt aboard for a couple days might be a help building confidence.
Just a thought to throw in the mix.

We bought a boat in Puget Sound and ran it down to LA. Bought another one in Virginia and ran it home to Michigan l. Both were fantastic trips. But the TSW was the best cruising we have ever done. I did some work on both boats and ran some short shakedown cruises before we left on the trips home. Didn’t have any problems on either trip.

You could try Crowley’s Marine in South Chicago

Hi
I am a Canadian delivery Captain. Licenced and Insured. I've done that run many times. Private message me if you would like to discuss that option.
Capt. Peter Renton

No direct experience but Cross Country Transport, Hastings, MN, ( suggested once above) has delivered numerous boats to our marina and folks were happy. I recently had the owner, Brad, measure up my Mainship for tentative transport to Lake Superior. Very professional and knowledgeable, his office gave me a quote the next day. Appears your boat will be under the doable 16 ft when loaded, although depends on how it sits lengthwise on the trailer in regard to dropping in at the rear axles of trailer. I am comparing transport cost versus gas and expenses, my time is not in the calculations, plus the adventure of driving her up, something you may want to ponder once you have the numbers.

Russel Marine Transport out of Dallas Texas has moved my Grand banks 36 from Tampa Florida to Dallas and recently Dallas to Savanah GA. Very happy with Paul and his team. 972-837-3592

That is actually a pretty easy trip,no real open water other than the trip across Lake Huron, and by the time you get to the Erie Canal you should have plenty of experience and confidence for the locks. It is a nice trip I have done it a time or two and always enjoyed it.
M

Another captain here. Very reasonable rates. I’d be happy to go with you for all or part of the trip.
Call or text me, six zero three 321 four nine three one.

Back
Top Bottom