Shower Sumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mac G

We have a 1974 42' Classic.

Looking for advice on how to access the shower sump drains both forward and aft so we can clean them out and replace the hoses.
Do not see any obvious access panels or hatches anywhere to specifically get at those sumps.
Have investigated all the surrounding and nearby access ports but none provide clear access to the shower drain sumps themselves.
Looking for advice please from those familiar with the GB 42.

Thank you

I have had a 36 and a 46 GB, There was no shower sump in either boat. There was a small Rule float activated bilge pump in a small depression in the shower pan itself. When the pump was activated it pumped the shower water directly overboard.

Ditto what Howard said, current 32, previous 42 and 2 46's; pump in the depression under the teak shower grate. As needed we take the teak grates out, scrub and bleach on the dock, and clean the sump. Some of the above had teak framed screens above the pump to keep hair from clogging the pump. Good luck!
Regards,
Scott

My 1974 42 does not have pumps under the teak grating. It has a hose leading to a diaphragm pump activated manually by a switch on the wall of the shower stall. I do not know how the hose connects to the shower pan drain fitting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom