Sitting in my dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took all of the seats out of our 340 CL and added a yeti loadout box. I sometimes use it as a rear seat with a throwable cushion on it and sometimes sit on the tube, depending on my mood. The loadout is waterproof, light, lockable nearly indestructible and has clever trays/pockets inside for storage. We have a 20hp merc electric start, I use a small lithium start battery from NOCO for it, which is stored inside the loadout box.

I know a console and forward bench seat would be more comfortable and nice for cruising around, but for me they just take up way too much space. Our tender is always stuffed full of dogs, fly rods, pole spears, big freedive fins, beach chairs, a small fish cooler etc. Honestly, even if it were a 15' instead of an 11' I think I would still like an open boat.

I am considering adding a little standup grab bar inside it though, (like the kind on microskiffs) so I could run it standing up. Y'all think the deck is stiff/thick enough to allow that? I am thinking of riveting the base of it to the deck.

No affiliation. It is as dry as described. We have the 11 footer with 15 hp and took it from Buzzards Bay to Penobscot and back this summer, The light weight makes it easy to haul onto our top deck, and the hull shape allows it to tow straight.There is no perfect dinghy, but this comes close for us.

Back
Top Bottom