Surveyors? PNW Area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rusty Rudder

Searched this forum for surveyors in the seattle area, few ideas, however, looking for one that comes highly rated. And, or, tips to look for in finding a good one. One person mentioned finding one with litigation experience. Sounds like an important attribute, just in case.

Looking for one that is very thorough. Once I’ve departed the area the boat was manufactured in I believe any repair will be time consuming and more costly.

Does the boat need to be on blocks for the out of water inspection or is on a trailer acceptable? I have very little experiences with getting a boat surveyed.

Any info is welcome and thanks in advance….

Signed,

Sleepless in Seattle

Take twistedtree up on his offer. Contact Steve D'Antonio. You may decide to not use him specifically but he may be able to give you a good referral which you may or may not get otherwise. But at least contact him.

We used Edwards Marine for our survey and think he did a very good job. The review was thorough at least to our eye. The boat was pulled out of the water briefly for inspection. The pricing was upfront and clear and he was responsive. The report was comprehensive. This was our first and only boat purchase and we are new boaters that bought a relatively expensive boat (for new boaters).. We felt confident in what we got from him, hence the recommendation here. We love our boat (now going on month 7 post-purchase) and haven't had any surprises. He is based in Edmonds. www.edwardsmarinesruvey.com

We had our boat surveyed two years ago in PNW. I did a LOT of research before settling on a surveyor. Survey took place . . . . . And the insurance company accepted the survey . . . . . That's about the only good thing I can say about the thoroughness/attention to detail displayed in the printed report.
If you find a surveyor in the PNW are you are really satisfied with, I'd sure like to know his/her name as well!

In the PNW we used Garret Polehonka of GAP Consulting Marine Surveys on our Helmsman 38e. He was very thorough and knowledgeable. It helped that the boat was in Bristol condition, but we were impressed.

Back
Top Bottom