Toilet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sykes

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Godspeed
Vessel Make
Bruno Stillman 42
I am going though a new to me 42 Bruno Stillman and have an issue with the toilet. It is a jabsco quiet flush freshwater toilet and there is a crack in the base drain. Replacement is around $550 for the Jabsco. I wouldnt mind replacing the base only, figuring out the correct base is becoming a task. Or should I just buy a new toilet, the Johnson's are around $300..

I like my marine elegance but I thank it was about 650

Jabsco Quiet Flush are available in a couple of configurations...Does yours have an all-china base and pedestal "like the one at home," or does it have a bowl that sits atop a pump/motor assembly?

Whichever it is, I'm not sure what you're describing using the term "base drain."

--Peggie

Last edited:
Marine Elegance is the way to go even if more expensive.

I did a ton of soul searching on a marine head about 2 years ago. This is NOT the place to bargain shop .

My conclusion for a traditional marine head? Go with the Marine Elegance. Tecma also makes a great head, but the Marine Elegance is more readily available.

Peter

Jabsco Quiet Flush are available in a couple of configurations...Does yours have an all-china base and pedestal "like the one at home," or does it have a bowl that sits atop a pump/motor assembly?

Whichever it is, I'm not sure what you're describing using the term "base drain."

--Peggie

Bowl that sits atop pump/motor assembly.

Marine Elegance is very nice, going to see if it fits. Thanks for the info.

FYI - I believe Peggie Hall mentioned recently that Defender has a good deal on Marine Elegance heads these days. I buy 80% of my overall stuff from Defender - good company if you're not already familiar.

Peter

I believe Peggie Hall mentioned recently that Defender has a good deal on Marine Elegance heads these days...

Nope. Defender often has the best price for a lot of things, but the Marine Elegance toilet isn't one of them. Boatersland--an online retailer in Ohio--has the best price for it: $750 WITH optional Smart Flush control.

Boatersland Marine Elegance (note that each of the "boxes" on the page are a menu).

But WHY are all of you trying to sell the OP a new toilet that he may not need instead of trying to help him figure out whether the leak in the toilet he has is "fatal" or easily repairable??? I'm not surprised that he hasn't been back to answer my questions...my post is buried under all your sales pitches!

--Peggie

I believe Peggie Hall mentioned recently that Defender has a good deal on Marine Elegance heads these days...

Nope. Defender often has the best price for a lot of things, but the Marine Elegance toilet isn't one of them. Boatersland--an online retailer in Ohio--has the best price for it: $750 WITH optional Smart Flush control.

Boatersland Marine Elegance (note that each of the "boxes" on the page are a menu).

But WHY are all of you trying to sell the OP a new toilet that he may not need instead of trying to help him figure out whether the leak in the toilet he has is "fatal" or easily repairable??? I'm not surprised that he hasn't been back to answer my questions...my post is buried under all your sales pitches!

--Peggie

Thanks for the 411 Peggie.

I think the OP answered your question in Post #7....sounds like he has a crack in the porcelain bowl. But he also asked about just replacing the head, which is why I chimed-in on the Marine Elegance. I don't have a dog in this fight - - I went the litter-box route (compost head). Just mentioning what I felt was a good option if OP choses to replace vs repair.

Peter

Bowl that sits atop pump/motor assembly.

If the pump/motor assembly is leaking, Defender has a replacement for $219 https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=2656727

If it's leaking between the bowl and the pump/motor, all you need is a new bowl gasket, which you can get from jabsco tech support. Paul Campagna is their sanitation guru...his direct line is 978.282.5246 At some point I added David Mendoza to my Jabsco toilets tech support file...his direct line is 949-608-3934

--Peggie

I think the OP answered your question in Post #7.

Which he posted at 6:45 this morning...I didn't see it till after I'd already scolded y'all.

--Peggie

If the pump/motor assembly is leaking, Defender has a replacement for $219 https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=2656727

If it's leaking between the bowl and the pump/motor, all you need is a new bowl gasket, which you can get from jabsco tech support. Paul Campagna is their sanitation guru...his direct line is 978.282.5246 At some point I added David Mendoza to my Jabsco toilets tech support file...his direct line is 949-608-3934

--Peggie

Thank You Peggie, that's what i was looking for!!!

Thank You Peggie, that's what i was looking for!!!

I took Comodave and Headmistess’ advice (never mess w commodores and headmistress. Doesn’t work out!) and replace my Jabsco raw water w a Marine Elegance freshwater and couldn’t be happier with it.

Tak

I took Comodave and Headmistess’ advice (never mess w commodores and headmistress. Doesn’t work out!) and replace my Jabsco raw water w a Marine Elegance freshwater and couldn’t be happier with it.

Tak

Well, Peggie is the real expert. I learned about the ME from her so I can’t take credit. But thanks.

--Peggie[/QUOTE]

...Because it's the dead of winter here in the US and this is a boating forum. Mix those 2 ingredients and you get...well, you see what you get...opinions! Wait a sec...I could be wrong about the seasons. I have to sort through opinions and thread drifts on most threads to find replies pertinent to an issue, no matter what the season! :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom