2001 Mainship Starlink Internet Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Depot

Veteran Member
Hi,
We tried the Verizon Home Internet Service and it was fine for about month and then horrible for three months. We cancelled and are looking for another internet service.
Has anyone tried or have Starling? If you have it where did you mount the antenna?
Thanks
Steve

Use the search feature. Type “Starlink”. You will find a tremendous amount on information. There are two current models available the “mini” and the Gen 3. You don’t mention your boat size so I don’t know which is appropriate for you.

I can say it is the answer to Internet connection. It is not the cheapest but it is the most reliable.

Thank you. The boat is 40’. The issue is our fly bridge has a canvas top. Mounting the antenna is the challenge. I have researched the website.
Steve

perhaps post a picture or two. the dish must see the sky. Starlink has a phone app, you find a spot and use app to see if it sees enough of the sky. However that is fo ra stationary object, you have to allow for movement at anchor. The Gen 2 as the Gen 3 and mini can find a flat state for 360 skyview.

Back
Top Bottom