2022 - first season with Greenline 39

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C. Monaghan

Vessel Name
Electra
Vessel Make
2019 Greenline 39, #40
This was our first season with our “new to us” 2019 Greenline 39 Hybrid, which we first saw at the Annapolis Powerboat Show in MD, after having been sailors for the past 30+ years.

After a few hiccups, we brought the boat home from Annapolis to Morgan, NJ (Cheesequake Creek off Raritan Bay) in June. It was nice to do a bit of cruising on Chesapeake Bay. We spent all of June on the boat.

Then after spending much of July readying the boat once more, we took off on our annual summer cruise spending another six weeks aboard. (Our boats have essentially been our summer homes.). And I must say that she is definitely much more comfortable to cruise aboard than our smaller sailboat.

We usually harbor-hop our way from NJ to ME or somewhere in between. This time we made our way to Salem, MA before turning around. Everywhere we went folks had questions about the hybrid drive and wanted to see the boat. I think we might start seeing more hybrids or electric boats out on the water.

Attachments

• A6A17EEB-5D30-482B-B122-39BD3351DD06.jpg
    A6A17EEB-5D30-482B-B122-39BD3351DD06.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 24
Welcome aboard. Can you give us a feel for how long you could cruise (and speed) with the electric before switching to diesel? Also, how much solar do you have and what batteries including amp hours? I had a Greenline tied onto me going through the locks last year. Beautiful boats. Didn't have enough time to chat.

Congrats on the your new GL and a successful first season! Learning about the design, operation and maintenance of a hybrid is a bit more challenging than for a diesel-only boat ;-)

Greenline 39 hybrid

Welcome aboard. Can you give us a feel for how long you could cruise (and speed) with the electric before switching to diesel? Also, how much solar do you have and what batteries including amp hours? I had a Greenline tied onto me going through the locks last year. Beautiful boats. Didn't have enough time to chat.

We have mainly used the electric drive when approaching and maneuvering in/out of marinas. On diesel power we kept our speed between 7 and 8 knots to conserve fuel. At that speed we kept fuel consumption below 3 gallons per hour. There are 4 big solar panels on the roof — 1200 watts worth. We seldom have to hook up to shore power. Our boat has a 200 Ah @ 48 V Lithium-Polymer battery plus six Group 31 batteries (2 for the bow thruster, 2 for the stern thruster, and 2 service/start batteries).

Maybe this link will help with some questions:
https://prismic-io.s3.amazonaws.com...c-b465610d0950_GreenlineYachtsBrochureWEB.pdf

Last edited:
Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. Looks very nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom