34 Control cables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPDenny

Hi, I have a 1982 34T, I am replacing the control cables, so far I found 2 marked cables, Morse C301947-3-456IN 5562 & Morse D301947-3-456IN 3709 these are 34 feet (456 inches) I am searching for the length of the cables from the flybridge to the lower helm, and then the cables from the lower helm to the throttle/transmission. Also I have read about people upgrading or modifying this set up as the majority opinion is that the series system is not a good one & can be stiff.

Thanks,

You have the numbering system correct, the lenght is often in inches, sometimes in ft, at the end of the P/N. The "universal" cable, 33C.
My olde MS34 had cables Parallel, not series. The overall feet of cable is a little more, meaning more cable friction, but they were smooth enough and I have no reference to how they would compare to series. There is redundancy in Parallel
The cables are measured by the "jacket" + 18"
There are 3 models of the original MS Trawler, MSI, MSII and MSIII, so you may want to note that as the cables from the flybridge are probably different as the aft bulkhead where the cable chase runs if is different for each model
controls.png
33c markings.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom