6bt-210 fuel solenoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Propnut

Vessel Name
Voyager
Vessel Make
41' PT Europa
I was looking to purchase a spare fuel solenoid that fits the Delphi pump on my 6bt -210 for inventory .
Cummins part number 3904630. $350.
Has anyone had any experience with any of the after market solenoids available . $350. verses $60. is a big difference

I was looking to purchase a spare fuel solenoid that fits the Delphi pump on my 6bt -210 for inventory .
Cummins part number 3904630. $350.
Has anyone had any experience with any of the after market solenoids available . $350. verses $60. is a big difference

I bought one once at a generic diesel injection service shop as a spare for a friend. He had a flaky solenoid that had to be tapped before it would start, and had in hand the expensive replacement one in the Cummins package when I delivered the “spare”. I helped him swap out the flaky one, so we had both Cummins and generic in unopened packaging at the same time. When we opened the Cummins package (assuming it would be the better quality) we found inside a Delphi package identical in every respect (part number, origin, and part) to the one I had purchased for a fraction of the price. Be sure you get correct “energize to run” or “energize to stop”.

As cheap as $85 on ebay. Search: Cummins 3904630

I bought a Cummins/Onan solenoid for about $350. It was made in China. I bought a back up solenoid on ebay for $65, looked identical(never fitted), made in China.
Buy the "aftermarket". Probably the same mfr.

Buy a cheap one and swap it out immediately, with the working OEM as the spare.

I'm guessing it'll work forever.

Back
Top Bottom