Anacortes lodging recco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mncruiser

Vessel Name
Phoenix
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Hey pleasure power trawler boaters, looking for some Anacortes lodging suggestions.

Thanks to all for previous advice about Seattle proper back in October. All your advice was great!

We are heading back to Seattle in July for an Alaskan 7 day cruise on a boat I can’t drive (Cruise ship trip with in-laws and extended family) and while it’s not ideal, should be an adventure.

We are staying for 3 nights after the cruise, Fri-Mon. I’m looking for recommendations on what or where to stay in or near Anacortes after the cruise. It will be myself, my wife and 2 kids, 8 and 6.

My first thought is a hotel or Airbnb right in Anacortes, but after a week of crowded cruise ship and fighting for bacon in the buffet line crowds, will that be too busy? Or is it quieter? Didn’t make it there back in October.

The thought is we will have a car, but prefer to walk to meals and stuff if we can, with car used for longer voyages.

Any target areas of Anacortes, or maybe somewhere nearby a little sleepier? Have a place you love, or maybe have always wanted to stay? Budget is under $225 per night if possible.

As always, thanks for your always awesome advice!

Try the Channel lodge in LaConner it's 15 minutes away from Anacortes. LaConner has some great restaurants a good beer pub... and is easy walking to most everything in town...

Two thoughts:

Take the ferry to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. Lot's of cool lodging options there, and a fun place to visit.

Charter a boat out of Anacortes for a few days and explore the islands.

Anacortes is usually pretty quite, unless there is a special event taking place. I’d recommend the Majestic Hotel and Spa. It’s is the best hotel in town and located in the middle of everything.

Not to long ago, I rented a waterfront Airbnb on Fidalgo Island with views of deception pass. The views were spectacular and it’s only a 10min drive into Anacortes.

I will second The Majestic. My wife and I stayed there and found them very accommodating. Nice lounge, restaurant, and rooms. Walkable to many other restaurants and shops.

Majestic is great. Right across the street from the Brown. Actually, there is a new Italian place across the street and about two blocks down. Really traditional and simply good!

Mama wings right across the street, great place to get some chicken loli-pops for lunch. Tasty. Mmm and the Chinese Dumplings in the food truck just outside Cap Santa, mmmmmm.

I think I’m hungry.

We stayed at the Majestic and thought it was a great ,central place to stay in Anacortes.

Back
Top Bottom